Sunday, March 24, 2013

Preparing for Easter


For Easter, there are two things that every kid needs: an Easter basket filled with goodies and the most precious Easter outfit ever.

I searched online for baskets and loved the Pottery Barn ones but just couldn't commit. $60 is A LOT for a basket you've never seen or touched. So, instead of buying the expensive basket, I decided to buy a cheaper basket and spend lots of time making it into what I envisioned. So, to Target I went! (That's how these scenarios usually begin...)

I bought a $15 basket and a yard of fabric and got to crafting...

First, I made a liner for the basket using some grey and white chevron fabric and a mint colored edging.

 

 

 Then, I painted the basket pink (the same color as her changing table).


I had a friend embroider her basket liner.



And for the total price of about $25 (more than half the cost of PB) I had this cuteness:


I'm sure Nora will love it... some day. Until then, I will!!

For now though, Nora is enjoying other Easter traditions...



No comments:

Post a Comment