Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baby Girl

I went to the doctor today for our monthly check up and he had to inform me of how far along I actually was. That pretty much sums up the difference between having your first child and having your second. Basically I didn't realize that after my next appointment, I have to start going every two weeks - meaning my second trimester is almost over...

Time has been flying by! I feel like things have been pretty non-stop since late July. I am hoping that next month I can start to seriously think about nursery plans for our new little one.

But since I have not given any updates on our next sweet baby since basically announcing we were expecting again, here is your big update...

The pregnancy has been pretty normal so far. I was sick a little at the beginning, but have been well (for the most part) since.

I discovered I had an allergy to an antibiotic in June, which was a long, crazy ordeal including lots of medications and doctor's appointments of all kinds, but the good that came out of it is that we got to find out the gender of baby #2 a couple weeks earlier than expected!

We are all thrilled (Nora especially) that we will be having another GIRL! We have been juggling with names and nursery ideas but basically we have not had the time to really finalize anything so we are just adding to her closet as Nora grows out of her clothes and looking forward to having two little girls grow up so close together.

Here are some picture from our sonogram at 16 weeks...

Profile view - that's a hand up there by the mouth!

Profile again

Baby girl looking right at the camera... another ham on our hands??

It's hard to tell in the picture, but that is a tiny foot on the right.

The lady parts are on there somewhere. It's a girl!!!

We celebrated with shopping for matching shirts and yummy pink cupcakes. Okay, that has Lisa written all over it but Justin did eat a pink cupcake... I think... 

Did you know that they don't make "big sister" clothing any smaller than 2T? At least something that's not custom I suppose... I guess we jumped the gun a little. Hehe... Hopefully Nora will fit into this at 16 months! 


At my last appointment (which was 23 1/2 weeks, according to my doctor - because I stopped counting) everything was fine and dandy. Her heartbeat was a strong 148. I think we will do one more official sonogram before her birthday, but I'm not sure when it will be. I am hoping to get video this time! Fun!

We are looking forward to many fun adventures with another baby girl! I can't wait to meet her! But first... I need a name, a nursery, and some long-term sub plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment