Saturday, September 28, 2013

Daycare

About a month and a half ago when I started back at work, Nora started going to daycare full time.

They let us do a practice day before coming full time. I just about cried when I saw the sweet little card from the day! I think I stared at it after putting her to bed for about thirty minutes.



We chose Primrose because of the high quality staff and program and also it is really close to my school, Grandma Peipert's house, and Mimi's work, too. When the time comes, they will even bus back and forth to my elementary. We decided to start her in the infant room because they would attempt to stick to her normal nap and feeding schedule. 

Of course I took a picture of the sign with her name. Couldn't help it. 

Mommy and Nora's first "real" day of school!


These showed up at school, from Nora!

This was the sweetest thing ever. So happy!

The transition has been pretty smooth. Of course, she is a pretty easy going little thing so I'm not super surprised. I knew that she would be alright. I guess I was a little more worried about ME making it through the transition but I've been good, too! I keep super busy at work plus with having left her daily with Grandma last year helped, too. 

Nora got her first "Happy Gram" after a couple days. 
We have been saving them. We now have four! 
They make us feel loved, that's for sure!

I was worried about starting her in the toddler room because they only take one nap a day, among other things. But as it turns out, she isn't really napping much at all anyways. Since the kids are all sleeping at different times, there is always something going on which seems to keep her from sleeping at all. We are lucky if she gets an hour a day in! I am amazed at how well she does without any sleep, really. She does go to bed super early now a days because of this! Luckily though, she still naps well on the weekends for us. 

Nora celebrated her first birthday at school! 
I am sure she will remember it forever. 

Mommy and Nora (with cupcake leggings, no less) on her birthday!

We have had a couple of issues with illness which I suppose is to be expected when first starting at daycare and being around so many kids all day. Nora had her first visit to the doctor that was NOT a well visit and I had to take my first day off to watch her at home, but just some viruses that have {mostly} run their course. Hopefully things will level off now!

The plan is to try and transition her to the toddler room in October so hopefully that will go just as well. We are working on eliminating the bottle and walking in shoes for the big day!

In many ways, October will be a big month for us! It was only fitting that my fortune cookie last week taught me the word October! 


I will let you know then how the next step goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment