Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Week Two

This week I finished up my trainings and am now focused on trying to schedule out the summer days for the girls and me!

We've spent some time at home but I really feel as if I need to have something to get out of the house for on a regular basis. We tried out the story time at the public library and really enjoyed it so we will continue to do that at least once a week throughout the summer. Nora hasn't yet participated in the finger plays and songs (I'm hoping she will soon!) but she does enjoy listening to the stories, songs, and puppet shows that they put on.

This week Nora began an interesting new habit: taking off her diaper when she wakes up in the morning. Yikes!!! I mean, she's messed with her diaper before but taken it off she had never done. I walked into her room and saw her like this:

Right hand: diaper. Left hand: shorts.

Fantastic. It's not like she was in there for very long either! Just enough time for me to feed Janie and get her dressed... Toddlers are silly little people.

On to the fun (for mom) adventures of the week!! Last weekend we had both Pops and Grandpa over to the house for Father's Day. We enjoyed playing outside and a yummy meal with family!

Sweet Nora on her slide.

Putting with Pops

We did buy a pass to the aquarium that is near our house. It is not at all a big aquarium but it takes us about an hour to get through the whole thing and Nora really enjoys looking at the fish and other "sea creatures" so it is a good escape for us on occasion.

Nora watching the fish at the aquarium.

"Inside" the fish tank with daddy!
Yes. We went twice in one week.

Also, to avoid watching the movie "Frozen" every day, all day, I am trying to watch a new movie with the girls once a week or so. I have been trying to think of the movies that are animated with lots of songs in them, since Nora does enjoy music so much. Nora hasn't started watching television or movies until just recently and she will really only watch for about 20 minutes before she wants to get up and try something new but it gives us a purpose for a few minutes I suppose.

Nora holding Janie! 
This was the first time she had shown interest in holding her baby sister.
She loved it!

Usually we spend most of our time coloring, reading, playing/building, eating, and sleeping. Sometimes I can get a few things done during nap time, but that just depends on the day. I am hoping to try a few new adventures in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment