Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Week Three

We hired someone to clean our home the summer before Nora was born and she is out of the country all summer so I have been in charge of all maintenance and deep cleaning since the end of May.

So... I downloaded this productivity app that keeps track of what household chores need to be done and it keeps a schedule for me so I don't forget... BEST and WORST thing ever. I have been doing a good job staying on top of it but man does it stink when you crossed everything off your list one day and there are 14 new chores just waiting for you the next day.

So besides laundry, dishes, dusting, and vacuuming, this past week has been great!

We did our usual weekly appointments for Janie.

I learned that if you go twice to the library in one week you see the same story and/or puppet show. 

One great thing about summer is that I can actually sit down and enjoy breakfast with Nora, rather than grab something quick or have her eat breakfast at school. 

Peek-a-boo at breakfast

Peeking...

"Boo"ing!

We were going to try and hit up a children's museum but it didn't pan out but instead we went on our first trip to the zoo with the kids! I was nervous that Nora would be scared of the animals but she surely wasn't. She loved seeing the animals and did very well considering the heat and how late we pushed her past her nap time. I have about 3 more days to apply our ticket to an annual pass and I'm seriously considering it!! 

Checking out the elephants with daddy!

...with mommy.

Looking at the giraffes!

Gorillas!

Happy girl.
I made round two of baby food for Janie: parsnips and apples. I will add this to our freezer collection of carrots and sweet potatoes!


Nora helping (stealing bites from) mommy.

Nora reading to Janie while she jumps!

Next week we have July 4th festivities to look forward to and we are super excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment