Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer Week One

Our first week of summer was not nearly as eventful as the rest of our summer will be...

I had the girls attend school for one additional week, mostly because I was not sure if I would want or need to be in my classroom wrapping things up and I also like to reserve the time to attend trainings if I need to. I did get some training in this week but I did not end up working in my classroom so I got some things done around the house!

We started the weekend celebrating Pops because he is officially retired! The girls and I met him for frozen yogurt while Mimi attended high school graduation. They loved playing around the fountain, as usual, after eating their ice cream.

This is from Dad's birthday, but thought I'd throw that in there!

Happy Retirement Pops!

We had our usual doughnuts on the weekend with Mimi and Pops, but I was not teaching Sunday School so we were able to go out afterwards together. Nora likes the jelly-filled doughnuts and Janie likes it all. I know this will surprise no one but she can really chow down on some doughnuts.

Mimi & Janie

Pops & Nora

I spent some time in Nora's room this week trying to update her room into a big girl bedroom. We had done the bed transitions but hadn't really been able to get to moving around furniture and arranging her room for a toddler. I was happy to do that and build her a little canopy in the corner of her room for her to play with and read under.

I still need to update a few pictures...


Nora in her canopy!

I played with a few other things in the house, did laundry, ran errands, had some alone shopping time, attended trainings, and then had to make a few calls and a visit to the pediatrician at the end of the week, which put a stop to my home projects. Long story short - what I thought may have been another allergic reaction was actually an icky virus that she is now recovering from. We also started attending Nora's swim classes daily, but I will blog separately about that experience.

Wacky Wednesday (dress up day) at Primrose!

My new little herb plants for the kitchen.

We are looking forward to a little bit more freedom next week with our days!

No comments:

Post a Comment