Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Yogurt Berries

This week we made frozen yogurt covered berries. I got the idea from this website and it sounded simple enough for toddler hands to help with and also yummy!

I enlisted Nora's help since Janie was still sleeping. It was a rough start to her nap so she ended up sleeping until almost dinner time! I eventually had to wake her up so that she would actually fall asleep again for bedtime.

We gathered the supplies and set up on the kitchen island: raspberries, blueberries, vanilla greek yogurt, a cookie sheet, wax paper, and a spoon.

I showed her how to put a berry into her yogurt and then to spoon it back out onto the wax paper covered cookie sheet. I let her do the blueberries since the raspberries got a bit mushy when you mixed them around the yogurt, even gently. We filled up the cookie sheet and then put the tray into the freezer so they would harden. I told her they would taste like ice cream when we were done so she was really excited!



We ate them for "dessert" after dinner a couple hours later. They were very cold but yummy and everyone enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment