Sunday, May 29, 2016

Taste of Summer

Summer is almost here and we are so excited! Or maybe I should say that I am so excited. I haven't started pumping up the girls for a couple of reasons. First, they are going to school a week longer than me. I don't really want them to know this information. Second, I think once I start talking about not going to school, they are not going to want to go to school, and this cannot happen either. Because I need them to go to school for that one extra week. It's my catch-up week. I schedule it every year the week before I have to go back to school and the week after my school year lets out. It's necessary to wrap up the year and get ready for the new one without getting in over my head.

But, summer is closer and although the girls aren't celebrating with me yet, we have been doing more of those summer-like activities that we will hopefully get to do lots more of when the time comes.

We ate s'mores. We roasted marshmallows in a friend's backyard fireplace and Janie enjoyed this new treat. I don't think she's ever had one! She of course made a mess of herself.






We've been playing outside in the backyard a lot. The girls like to find rocks and other treasures and fill up pails with what they've discovered. They like to play with the little car & see-saw alligator toy we brought with us to mom & dad's house. They usually play pretty well together. Not always... but usually.




Nora likes to "feed" her animals. She's very much into pretending!

We've been to the park in mom & dad's neighborhood when the weather has been good. The girls like to play and climb together. They also enjoy the swings. We took a picnic to the park with Auntie K & Michael one day.


We are looking forward to more easy living this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment