Friday, June 10, 2016

Summer Week One

I think I've shared before, but for the first official week of summer, the girls still go to their Primrose school. This gives me time to wrap up the school year, take care of some professional development, and also just some free time before we go 100% home for the summer.

Still at mom & dad's house.
Exploring in the backyard!

This year I did all of those things but also prepared for Vacation Bible School at church, which mom and I were coordinating together this year, for the pre-schoolers.

We went to a wedding reception for a good high school friend and enjoyed delicious food & drinks from Joe T. Garcia's in Fort Worth. It was such a blast to see old friends and the weather was perfect.

Congratulations to Amanda & Jameson!

My forever wedding date!




The other big thing we did this week was start up swimming lessons for Nora. She did so well with getting in the water {for the most part} last summer, but this year it was a bit more of a challenge. She was not super cooperative about doing what the teachers wanted of her. We are signed up for a four week class with two sessions a week, so hopefully her anxiety will ease up over time.

Spying from up high. She was obviously an active participant...

The best I got! She wasn't super thrilled with the swimming this week.

A few other things this week: Nora said good-bye to her teachers. She spent the entire school year with them and grew very close to them! Also, I went to the Rattlesnake 400 race at Texas Motor Speedway with Krista, Michael, & my dad. Justin was not able to get back in town in time to go due to a police-involved incident at the airport. Also, Baby Jo celebrated her very first birthday, but I will be making a separate post {here} about that!






Next week will be a lot of fun, but super busy with VBS happening! We are looking forward to a fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment