Sunday, June 26, 2016

Summer Week Three

This week we could all start to relax a bit more. We didn't have anywhere specific to be for long periods of time and we could just sit back and enjoy the summer days. Of course, the heat had come in full swing last week, so we couldn't do quite as much outside unless it involved getting in the pool. We actually had our air conditioning unit looked at, just to make sure it was working alright as it has been getting hot upstairs.

We officially are "moved in" to our new house. Which really means that we are sleeping here. More on this later, but it has been getting warm upstairs in the afternoons. Not unbearable hot, but warmer than the thermostat. After having the best A/C company in town Gentry Air Conditioning {I am not biased nor am I being compensated for my plug right here} come out to look. We think we have the problem diagnosed but we are choosing to wait a bit since what work they did do seemed to have resolved it some, just not completely. We have a lot of expenses with the move which I will get to in another post...



Checking out the new pool!

Nora's favorite secret garden.

So, it's hot. Moving on to this week...

There was an incident at the pool that we are taking lessons at and so this week we didn't get to either of our classes. Nora was just getting more comfortable in the water so that is a bit of a bummer, but life goes on. We will resume next week and then make up our classes the week after. All before we head out of town!

We did go to the Southlake Public Library for checkout and story time. I was surprised {though I guess I shouldn't have been} at the lack of participation from the girls. They didn't want to do anything too far from me. I think for about two minutes tops I was able to get them to go together to listen to one of the books, but it didn't last the entire story by any means. They do like to go to the library to check out books, but I think they are both just a little apprehensive as they do not know the routine in the library. Maybe if we had kept up going on a regular basis, but as I am writing this retrospectively I can tell you... we did not. 


We went to our summer dentist appointments this week, too. Nora had her second cleaning ever and Janie had her first official cleaning. She did great and sat in the chair all by herself! Both girls got new toothbrushes, which they are beyond thrilled about.


We are buying into the Harkins summer movie deal again this year. I highly recommend this to parents with young kids! It is ridiculously cheap and you can even get the concessions fairly cheap if you get the loyalty cup and the loyalty t-shirt. I probably need to do a blog post on just the good summer deals for kids at some point in time. Long story short though, we pay about $3 every time we go to the movies for a large popcorn {refillable} and two drinks; one for me and one that I split into the girls cups from home. If Nora can talk Pops into buying her an Icee {and she usually does}, now that's another story! So we started going to our weekly movies this week since we were all free. Mom and dad usually go with us.

Last minute, I decided to take Nora to see Beauty and the Beast at the AT&T Performing Art Center. We got pretty terrible seats, but they were also fairly cheap. I do know now not to buy the cheap ones along the side! That morning, I took the girls to get their hair cuts at Sweet & Sassy. They both loved the experience & it was Janie's first haircut ever! She did great sitting in the chair. 






When it was time to head to Dallas, Nora got ready in her Belle outfit and we went to grab lunch before the show. She was super cute all dressed up and her hair braided from the morning's hair appointment! She enjoyed the show, but was tired. She fell asleep on the way there AND on the way back, which is about as much of a nap as I can get out of her anyways. It was a fun mommy daughter date!


Pretty girl!


Before the show with the yellow flowers. 

Playing in the water feature out front.

Asleep... again!

Other highlights from this week...

Nora helping me water the hydrangea plants. I wish I could say they still looked this pretty! 
The plants are alive, the flowers are just not that... pink. I need practice!

Enjoying the new playroom. We are not doing a great job keeping it clean.

We tried out an orange from our tree in the backyard!

It was very juicy & very tasty!

I tried out our new bathtub.

Justin left town for a long week, so I found myself one wine glass and enjoyed our new bathroom! It is quite the oasis. I'll share more someday!

I'm a little in shock that next week is the end of June & beginning of July. Where is the time going??

No comments:

Post a Comment