Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pumpkin Patch

The girls {well, really just Nora} have been asking to go to the pumpkin patch for awhile. I knew from filling out my calendar for the month of October, that wouldn't be happening until later in the month because of other busy times for us! Well, we finally got to get out to the pumpkin patch this weekend.

It was, I suppose not so surprisingly so, incredibly busy. I was expecting busy but not this busy. We waited a while to get into the parking lot and were a little disappointed that the hay rides were selling 2 hours or more away from the current times. I guess I'll need to figure that part out ahead of time next year... But we did arrive!

Like the many other crazed normal mothers, I had dressed my kids in adorable matching outfits anticipating picture after picture of cuteness while at the pumpkin patch. And as other mothers can relate {or don't tell me if you can't} my kids were totally NOT into taking a picture. They did, however, have a lot of fun looking and feeling on all the pumpkins and surely getting into the backgrounds of other peoples' attempts at cute photos. And I suppose that is more important!



Out of about 30 pictures, these were the best I got. 

So, we started with looking around at the big pumpkins and the little pumpkins and the pumpkins that were all kinds of colors and shapes. The girls were determined to find a pink pumpkin. We rode the little tractors around and sat on the big tractor. We discovered that there were lots and lots of bees by the trash cans, and so avoided them at all costs. Nora made sure we ran quickly by the trash cans if we had to pass one...






No one had interest in the corn maze and so we headed towards the hay house & the farm animals. They liked the hay house most. Nora seemed startled by the quick movements that the donkey made and was determined not to let her sister get close to the fence at all.




We finished our trip to the pumpkin patch by choosing a pumpkin for carving and the girls each picked out a small pumpkin to take home. Even though no one was able to find a pink pumpkin, everyone was happy! So happy in fact, that I was able to get a picture of each girl holding their pumpkin, looking at the camera, & smiling. In one shot. It's like they miraculously remembered how to do it! Hmmm... Now, we will have to hold them off on carving until closer to Halloween!!



No comments:

Post a Comment