Friday, April 14, 2017

Bunnies & Baskets

I love holidays. Like, really love them. I create my own hashtags for our family for each holiday. I buy shirts, dresses, and accessories for every season. {I've gotten better about not overbuying for holidays over the years, but it still happens!} So just like any holiday, when Easter begins to approach, I get really excited! With Easter though, the various community events that happen typically are all going on around the same day, and about the same times. So you end up picking just one - maybe two, if you're lucky - to go to.

This year, I chose to go to Southlake's Easter in the Park event. I hadn't been to Southlake's before and I have to say that I thought it was really fun! I loved that everything was free - the pictures with the bunny, the special treats {Rita's - YUM!}, the bounce houses, the balloon animals, the egg hunt, etc. I assume the petting zoo was free, too but we didn't attempt it because the line was long. Everything else with a line the kids did great waiting their turn. The park was big and beautiful and there was even a playground that the girls liked playing at once we were finished with the fun.








The egg hunt itself was a little rough because it took all of about fifteen seconds for it to be over. And about half a second after that you could hear a chorus of cries coming from the field of all the toddlers that didn't get just what they had wanted out of the hunt. My girls have never been quick egg hunters and although this time was no exception, they did at least try to pick up eggs quickly as opposed to opening and examining every last egg's contents. After we talked Nora off the edge once she realized she didn't get the "golden egg" {there was only one in the whole stinkin' hunt} everything was good again.

The girls also had egg hunts at their school. This goes so much more smoothly since there are a lot less kids than a public event. They met the Easter bunny and enjoyed their yummy treats!




I had fun perusing through the Easter candy aisles at Target to help get the girls' baskets ready. I got lots of comments about how big their baskets are. I guess they're pretty big, but they are a lot of fun to fill! I need to figure out a good way to get the bottom filled so that the stuff doesn't fall to the bottom, but otherwise the girls love looking through them on Easter morning!

Bubble gum eggs! Should have gotten these for my sister. 
Bring back the 90's!

Can y'all believe they SELL these?? The only person I know who would eat these are my dad.

Baskets ready for the bunny!


This year, my girls got in their baskets {they're 3 & 4}:
Coloring book
Sticker booklet
Spring-themed book {Usborne!}
Glitter watercolor paints
Bubbles
Small stuffed bunny
Bunny cookie
Bathing suit
New rain boots {happened to be bunnies on them!}
Duck bath toy
Confetti popcorn
Carrot shaped candy
Marshmallow Egg
Peanut butter eggs
A couple Target Dollar Spot bunny toys inside their 2 large eggs

We're looking forward to more Easter fun next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment