Monday, June 20, 2011

Cheers to Thirty Years

On June 20th, 1981 my parents got married in Rochelle, Illinois. I love this picture of them in their "getaway" car.


For thirty years they have been such a great example of how to live a life together as husband and wife. They have grown together in many ways throughout the years and are still so great together. I appreciate them more than I can put into words. They have been such a great influence on my life and the decisions that I have made. I couldn't ask for anything better and I am so grateful for all the good times we've had together and the memories that we've made together.

Today they are in Breckenridge, Colorado, I assume looking out at the snow covered ground off of their balcony thinking, "Yes, this was a good decision," as the heat index today in Texas is estimated to be around 105 degrees. They are having a very well-deserved vacation together and are enjoying the beginning of their thirtieth year of "wedded bliss," as my mom has put it.

Well, 1981 was a good year for them, but it was also a good year for Justin's parents who got married the same year!


I know that Justin is so grateful for both of his parents and the roles they have played in his life. My hope is that Justin and I can live a life as full of love, family, happiness, opportunity, and bliss as our parents have. We are so thankful and blessed.

Cheers to thirty years!

No comments:

Post a Comment