Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Karma?

Back in the summer of 2006, my family went on vacation to Florida. It so happened that the Mavericks were playing in the playoffs that year and made it to the Finals!! Not only that, but they were going to be playing the Miami Heat, while we were in Florida.

We were so pumped that we all bought Mavs t-shirts at the airport on our way down. We wore them with pride and watched the games from our little condo down there only to see the Mavs slip away from an early series lead, ending with a championship loss.

Needless to say, we didn't get to parade around Florida in our Mavs t-shirts while on vacation.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I've been a Mavs fan since I was a little girl, or even since I've moved to Texas. I loved the Bulls and Michael Jordan growing up. But I have definitely enjoyed rooting for my Dallas team when going to a game or when the playoffs come around.

After watching the Mavs lose to Miami in 2006 IN Dallas, it really was sweet to watch the Mavs win over Miami IN Florida, especially after all the praise the media and the announcers were giving the Heat and their super stars, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Sheesh. I felt like the un-favorite child all series.

I'm so proud of the Mavs team and we had such a great time watching and celebrating this year. Oh, and we got to do it in the same t-shirts. Thanks, Dirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment