Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Snow Days and Sonograms

Last Thursday we had an ice storm blow in which brought lovely sleet to Texas. School got cancelled for Friday morning before we even went to bed, so the alarm was turned OFF.

Friday morning, I woke up and saw beautiful white snow covering everything. Except it wasn't actually snow. It was a thick layer of ice. That's what happens, all you people up north who think that we are being "wussies" or whatever. Ice covers everything. And then there are absolutely no methods available for getting it off of things except for good old-fashioned sunlight and warmer temperatures.

Daddy & Nora in the ice.

So... Nora's doctor appointment was rescheduled for Monday, as the doctor's office closed as well as the schools and other businesses.

Then Monday got cancelled as well! We both had appointments scheduled, so both little ladies got checked up on! And the big bonus was that it was stress-free and I was able to take Nora myself to her appointment.

I put Nora's stats in her own post, but I wanted to update on Miss Janie too!

Janie's sweet little face... can you find it?!?!?
This pic was actually from 2 weeks ago, but it's a better picture...

Basically I am to the point now where I am getting checked weekly and so I know that I am not dialated yet and everything seems to be all good and fine. They think she weighs about 4 pounds and 11 ounces, as of 2 weeks ago. 

Christmas shopping has consumed all of my funds this month, so the nursery is still not so much ready to go. The only additional projects I have worked on is a little bit of organization in the closet and the glider chair cushion that is actually going into Nora's room so that we can switch out the comfy recliner to the nursery.

A new cushion cover!

Thanks Marty & Peggy for the chair! Nora loves to be rocked, so it will be SO nice to still have a chair in her room for that.

So now we have a rug, a crib, a dresser, curtains, and a chair. A room of furniture but not really a "room" yet. I'll (hopefully) get there!

School is back on for tomorrow after our THIRD day at home, so we are going to turn the alarm ON, bundle up and brave the cold from here on out! At least until Christmas vacation...

Baby, it's cold outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment