Saturday, December 28, 2013

Janie's Nursery

Phew!! The nursery is finally finished!! I could probably organize the closet a bit more, but I am done for now. I will have plenty else to do before she arrives like say, pack my hospital bag??!!?! 


With having a toddler and working full-time and the holidays approaching, getting Janie's nursery together was not as easy as I had hoped. 

We were very quick to clean out the room and get it "ready" for making into a nursery, but everything else was a little slow.

We had a few big decisions to make! We debated getting a toddler bed for Nora and moving the crib into the new nursery to try and avoid having two cribs, but eventually decided that we would just get another crib. We also decided that we would not be getting an additional changing table. I have had an offer for one as a give-away and I think I'm going to take them up on it for convenience, but we figured we would just make do with one changing pad until Nora is out of diapers. 

Once we figured out WHAT we were going to do with the furniture and colors and such, then we needed to start getting the big furniture in place. We had a couple of projects and ordered crib and a rug and just recently moved the recliner into the new nursery, replacing it with a newly covered glider in Nora's room. Thankfully, she hasn't had any issues with the chair being replaced. She still wants to rock in the glider, but does not act as if she has to have the chair that has been in her room the last 15 months of her life!

So... bit by bit we began to get things together. I've been able to focus more on the nursery now that the holidays are over and am finished with working and long-term sub-planning. I repurposed a bunch of old frames and decorative accessories to get the room together. I really only had to buy a few things to add to the decor I already had stashed away.

Walking into the nursery. 
The blanket my mom knit and gave to Janie for 
Christmas is waiting patiently for her!!

Imagine a changing table pad there...
I refinished this dresser that we got off of Craigs List for $100. 
It's a really solid piece of furniture!

Janie's crib. I just painted her name on a piece of mat board 
from Hobby Lobby and stuck it in a frame we already had. 
Lots easier than trying to find a print that would fit into that huge poster frame!

Justin's old toy chest that we repainted and put a cushion on top of. 
I am also really enjoying the digital prints that I got off of Etsy and printed at Staples!

After much searching and contemplating, I decided to make my own artwork.
Bought a huge canvas and painted some flowers on it.
It's not perfect, but it does add more to that corner of the room!

The changing table!

I am pretty happy with how it turned out! I am glad that Janie didn't decide to come a few weeks early because she wouldn't have had a complete room. I know that it would have been okay, but gosh it feels SO much better to have it done!! 

Now, the only thing left will be to put some sweet pictures of the baby girl into all those frames I have on the shelves. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment