Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Week Five

So, when did it get to be the middle of July almost??? Slow. Down. Now.

My brain has begun over-thinking about all the things that I want to accomplish. I am usually a one-track-mind kind of thinker when it comes to big projects, but I have been spreading myself a little thin with a few right now.

At the beginning of the summer I told myself that I would take one closet or cabinet "area" a week and clean them all this summer. Well, that is boring. Who likes to clean closets and organize cabinets?? So naturally, I created new projects for myself while still thinking that I should clean out the closets. Besides cleaning & organizing, I am currently making baby books for both of the girls (which is a lot more involved than it sounds, I promise...), beginning to plan a birthday party for Nora, doing quite a bit of sewing, and - oh ya - parenting. I will (unfortunately) have to start thinking about school in a few weeks but I am also beginning to look forward to a few fun vacations planned in July & August!

Phew! I need another month of summer.

This week we went to the Perot Museum in Dallas and the splash pad in Grapevine, where we live.

The Perot Museum was great! I got in free - one of the perks of being a teacher! - and so did the girls because they are both under the age of 2. I'm sure the guy there thought I was either lying or a crazy person but either way, it was a cheap visit! Nora loved the children's area and the rest of the museum was actually very kid-oriented. Janie liked the mirrors. She is easy to please! When they are a few years older, they will love ALL the floors. Good times to come...

I got lots of pictures since there were three adults to the two children:

Nora & Auntie K "camping"

Picking flowers

Sorting fruits & veggies!

WATER!!!!!

Janie enjoyed the baby area - noisy sunflowers & mirrors!

with Auntie K

Looking at the dinosaurs

Nora was a little freaked out by these...

...and these...

...but she loved the water!

Running...


Falling...

Playing music

Mommy & Janie!

On the way home...
Book opened to "It must be bedtime!"

The splash pad unfortunately was neither Nora nor Janie's favorite thing. I mean, Janie is sensitive because she's an infant. I get it. But Nora doesn't like being... splashed (sprayed, really). That is kind of a problem at the splash pad. Hmm. Maybe we will have more success at the pool.

I took no pictures because there were three children to two adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment