Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Third Week of Christmas

This week was my last week at work before the holiday break. It was a very busy week with parties and special events and just generally keeping young children in routine during exciting times.

At home we kept pretty busy as well, but mostly with getting ready for giving gifts. We made a few crafts with Nora. She liked doing all of them except {of course} for the one that I needed her to do - her teacher cards. All she had to do was put her little finger print on the green tree! I think she was fine with doing one, but since there were six total cards, she got tired of it. But... we got them done!

Making beaded candy canes!

Putting them on the Christmas tree...

Do you want to build a snowman?

Giving teacher gifts is hard at a pre-school/daycare. I gave the official teachers in their rooms a gift - along with the room that Nora just moved up from - making NINE teacher gifts, but I know that there are more than just the three ladies in each room that help out. Plus I wanted to leave something at the front desk for the administration, so we decided to bake some yummy cookies to give them all to share in addition. Nora "helped" me bake them and then actually helped eat about 2 of them. When I told her we were packaging them up to give as gifts she started to complain... All went well though I guess because apparently the next day at school she told all of her teachers that she baked them cookies. I was worried she didn't "get it" but I guess she did!

We also watched The Grinch and Rudolph this week, which Nora enjoyed. I didn't enjoy watching them with her as much as I thought I would because she has this thing she does lately where she asks the same question on repeat. During The Grinch, it was "Where is the doggy?" and during Rudolph, it was a mixture of "Where is the baby Rudolph? Where is the Mommy Rudolph? Where is the Daddy Rudolph?" throughout the entire length of the films... I didn't try very hard to explain to her that Rudolph was the name of the one reindeer - that can come later. She liked the movies a lot, though. She also really enjoyed making the grinch kabobs and has since asked to make them about four more times. She has told me that the marshmallows are her favorite part {of course they are!} but I don't mind since most of that treat is yummy fruit!

Nora's Grinch kabobs

Nora & Janie have been enjoying each others' company a bit more lately and Nora has begun to start wanting to help Janie do things. She will try to feed her and play with her, which Janie usually likes. They are enjoying Christmas together! At least, I think! :)

Looking at the tree. Nora is showing Janie the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment