Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer Week Nine

This past weekend we spent a lot of time around the house. We did some good & necessary cleaning {bleh} and quite a few loads of laundry and a little grocery shopping to top it all off. Nothing big & exciting this time.

This will be our last week at home together as next week the girls will start going back to Primrose five days a week. I'm going to spend next week (my last official week of summer) working in my classroom a bit so that I don't feel quite as overwhelmed when I go back on contract. We have a lot of things to mark off the checklist this week, though: a team brunch & meeting, a haircut for Nora, our kitchen lights getting installed, drop off some donated items, plus more.

Still enjoying my birthday flowers!

I got in Nora's new dance shoes this week and can. not. WAIT for her to put these babies on. They are so cute!!! I may regret saying that once she starts making noise with them. But, c'mon... is there anything cuter than little mary jane tap shoes??



Since Justin has been traveling, we've been using Face Time a lot more on our iPhone/iPad. Nora found an usual spot to chat with daddy this week:



This is what happens when Janie Face Times... 
She hangs up and then takes pictures of her feet.

She has also been quite intrigued by the camera and is taking great joy in capturing moments on it. I need to get her a kid-friendly one STAT. I thought this picture was most likely how my children view their mama all day - a vision of happiness with sunshine beaming from behind her. HA! I thought it was a decent picture for a two year old. Blurry... but decent!


We've been dog sitting for my parents, which means that their dog Austin gets to spend a whole lot of time running away from the girls. They really like having her here and want to pet her and include her in their fun & games. I think she mostly likes them but she is not used to having so many little hands reaching her way!



Nora got her back to school haircut this week - only her second ever - at a Pigtails and Crewcuts. Okay, moms... I wasn't super impressed. Where do you take your kids to get their hair cut?? Did I just have a weird experience this time? It's not like the haircut itself was bad, but we waited forty-five minutes for them to spray down her hair and trim it up, which took about ten minutes tops. (For the record, I called and asked if I needed an appointment as was told "no" so I didn't make one.) And I paid $20. No dry, no style. I took her to the kids place this time because I thought it might be more convenient for us, but I would rather take her to my hairdresser who would at least give her a little more attention for that price. Anyways, we got her hair trimmed up and she enjoyed sitting in the fire truck seat and then Janie got a turn sitting. I wasn't quite ready to give her hair a trim but it's possible she may need it if she will not allow me to put her hair up!





A highlight for me this week was getting to catch up with my dear friends from high school! Auntie K held down the fort at home since Justin is out of town.


Our kitchen lights were installed! Next week the painters come and I'm super excited!!!


We made some tasty no bake bars {link here} and some sponge balls for Nora's splash pad birthday party {link here} this week as well. And since it is the first week of August, we got out the school related window clings!




Finally, we had our share of movies this week. We went to see Curious George as our weekly summer movie. We also went out as a family to see the Minions movie. Oh, my... minions. It was cute, though and we ate dinner there, too since it was one of those dine-in movie theaters.




One more week of summer!!! And just for fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment