Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Start of School

Well, the school year has officially begun which therefore means I have had a lot less time to share what we have been up to. Three weeks ago the girls started back at school and me in my classroom, unofficially. Since then, I have worked more hours that I can count up at school, on the weekends, at home while the girls are in bed, and even once went a whole day without laying eyes on little miss Janie Belle. It's been a busy, busy few weeks and I'm afraid they won't slow down for a few more.

Now, I have the first official week of school {with kids} under my belt. Next week we have our first full-day week, but Justin & I are going out of town for 5 days so I have a lot to prepare with all that time away from school. My goal is that come mid-September I can reel it back and not have to work on the weekends as much. Cross your fingers for me.

Throughout our first week back in school, we had a really rough time transitioning back. I didn't have to be at school at a specific time, so I just let the girls sleep in as they usually would throughout the summer and then we got up, got dressed, ate and went out the door. Drop off was rough. Then, we had painters at our house so we ended up moving to Mimi & Pop's house mid-week. Which, as you can imagine, made leaving the house that much more difficult. Mimi and Pops are always up to fun things when grandbabies are not around, ya know!!

In these past few weeks, the girls have gotten SO much better with drop off at school. Interestingly enough, once I started waking them up in the mornings {at the crack of dawn...} they were better about being left in their classrooms. Maybe it's because they knew the routine after practicing for a week. Or maybe it was because we were back at home. Or maybe it was just because it was what they remembered from last school year and they felt more comfortable. No idea. But... it's been better so I'm happy with that!

One incredibly cute thing that I've seen happen since being back at school is the excitement on Janie's face when Nora and I come in to get her from her classroom each afternoon. It happens every single time we go in there and it is darling. Once she sees us, her face lights up, she starts squealing and runs over to give Nora a big hug. I usually get one after that, too. She is a bundle of JOY and I can't stand how cute it is!!

I got it on video! She saw us coming through the window, 
so I didn't catch the whole reaction, but it's sweet none-the-less!

Thankfully, we get lots of sweet pictures of the girls throughout the day from their teachers. When we get home, it's usually dinner time, then bath, sometimes we play a little, but then bedtime routines start since we wake up so early. I do have a couple of sweet pictures from our first few weeks:

Not the best quality, but Nora ready for our first official school day! {Fig bar in hand.}

Picture from Primrose, so the quality is not great...
The girls both got to see the same music program at school one day. 
Nora has always LOVED it but this was Janie's first time and she was scared.
Nora sat by her sister & comforted her! What a sweetie!


Pajama day at school!


With the start of school also comes the start of fall dance class!
Nora is excited to take class with her friend Harper!

And there's this sweet moment. 
Curled up sleeping with a favorite story and baby Jo.
This was while staying at Mimi & Pops' house.

Snuggling with my girls after work!

Oh, and apparently since starting back at school, Janie is learning more about counting! While she was waiting for dinner one night, I swear she counted to ten. TEN. I have heard her count "seven, eight" {random, I know} and sometimes "one, two" but NEVER straight up to ten. So naturally, I did what every mother would do: grab my iPhone to take a video of her doing it. And naturally, she did what every toddler does while the camera is out: not do it again. She was pretty funny trying to count. Apparently "mommy" is a number now. And I think the hand motion helped her.

Janie counting!

If I spend time away from my family, I'm happy it's with these great ladies!


I wish I could say I don't have any more things to do in this room... but I can't.
It is ready enough for school to start & I'm excited about my class this year!

I am excited for a good year both for my girls & for my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment