Sunday, January 10, 2016

Janie's Donut Shoppe Party

We celebrated our little girl turning TWO years old this past weekend! We had a blast with our friends & family. Janie loved everything about her party day. Here's a bit about how we spent the day with our sweet girl...

When I first began planning for Janie's second birthday party, I thought about all the things that she really loved. This list included Cinderella, her stuffed bunny, and donuts. I looked on Pinterest for ideas of things that I loved within the different themes I was considering and finally decided on a donut shoppe party. She LOVED everything about her donut party and Nora even asked if she could have a donut party for her next birthday!! Oh my.

Janie is TWO!

We decorated the house with little donut garlands and signs, most of which either already had or I was able to borrow from a friend making it easy on me to make everything look snappy. I have used this "Happy Birthday" banner at every single one of the girls' birthdays so that was a good investment! The one donut garland I made I used paper & string that I already had at the house. Otherwise, I spent just a few dollars on some Target Dollar Section chalkboards, flowers, and balloons.




Neither child was super cooperative for these pictures...

Sweet Nora!

The birthday girl, Janie! 



Of course for food, we had donuts!! We made donut towers on platters & cake stands, a donut hole bouquet, and her cake was made from donut holes as well. For variety, we also put out yogurt, cut fruit, and pigs in a blanket. We kept out an assortment of milk as well as water & coffee for the adults to drink.






I felt we needed to have an official activity, for the first time since I've planned parties, since many of our guests were a bit older. We set up a donut decorating station with icing & sprinkle varieties for the kids to get creative with. I even made some cute little donut shoppe hats for them to wear while they worked. So cute!!









Janie was a little more reserved when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her at the party than when we did with just our family and didn't really get into having the attention on her. She also didn't want to blow out her little candles. Nora to the rescue!



She loved opening her gifts and wanted to play with all of them. She was dressing up in new clothes & playing with Peppa Pig before the day was finished!


Janie had so much fun at her party. We are very thankful for our great friends & family who show so much love to our little girl. It is hard to believe that it has been two whole years since she was born. We love her so much!!

Sweet family... 

...and friends!







And finally, a Janie photo shoot...




TWO!





We "donut" know what we would do without our sweet Janie Belle!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment