Friday, June 9, 2017

Baby Jo's Birthday

One day in June last year, I picked Nora up from school and her teachers were all talking about how it was baby Jo's birthday. It was a complete surprise to me but she had taken it so far as to make birthday cards for her baby Jo and rallied her teachers to help her. We found it pretty sweet that she put such an effort into doing so for her beloved baby doll, so we rolled with it. I was meeting up with my family anyways and so we turned the evening into a celebration of Baby Jo's birthday.

The days following, Nora wanted to celebrate Baby Jo's birthday every day. I eventually convinced her that everyone gets one birthday a year and baby Jo would have to wait for hers. Nora occasionally asked about it through the year and once I told her that Baby Jo's birthday would be in June.

On June 1st, Nora came home from school and announced that Baby Jo's birthday was this month and also wanted to know when her party could be. So, the planning commenced. I knew that I would be out of town on the actual day, so we scheduled a little family gathering for before I went out of town.

There is a cute little donut shop that opened up recently in town. Both girls love to eat donuts so it seemed natural to try the new shop and celebrate the birthday at the same time. So, we picked a day and headed there for breakfast one morning!


This place is called Peace, Love, and Little Donuts. They have miniature cake donuts that you can choose how you want decorated. They have tons of flavors and toppings {preselected varieties} that you can choose from. We got a dozen little donuts for the seven of us {5 adults and 2 kids}. It was enough for everyone though we probably could have had one or two less overall.

Look how fun! I will try to remember what they all were...
Top from Left: Cherry Cheesecake, Salted Caramel Something {I think}, Boston Creme, Plain Glazed
Middle from Left: Birthday cake, Boston Creme, Raspberry Truffle, Fruity Pebbles
Bottom from Left: Strawberry frosted, Turtle {I think}, Boston Creme, Birthday Cake

The shop was sampled cinnamon & sugar donuts, which were very yummy and everyone was nice & helpful! Pops was wishing he had the fluffier, doughy donuts instead of the cake donuts, but otherwise everyone was pretty happy with their decisions. We will definitely want to come back again!

Janie wanted everything that had pink on it! She ate half of each of her two donuts.

Nora and her Baby Jo, who got a birthday cake donut, of course!

We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Baby Jo, ate our donuts, and went about our day. Nora was thrilled and I must say... I think Baby Jo was, too!

P.S. Baby Jo is still one year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment