Saturday, June 10, 2017

Illinois Wedding

I recently got to take a quick trip up to Illinois for my cousin's wedding. It was just a weekend, but since I was kid-free, it was kind of like a little vacation! The way it all worked out, it ended up just being my sister and I plus my parents that traveled up together. It's not often that the original four get together, just the four of us!

Breakfast at the airport!

We flew up to the area but it's a solid couple hour drive no matter which airport you go in to, so we had lots of travel time together. Our first stop was in Rochelle to see some of my dad's family. My grandpa happened to be out that way anyways, so he tagged along as we hopped around.

We stopped at a new veteran's memorial at the cemetery in Rochelle. 
There were bricks with names of people who have served in the military from the area.
Both of my grandfathers have bricks that we found.



The next day we drove out a couple hours to where my sister lives in Iowa so that we could see her family for awhile, which also doesn't happen very often! We were able to go wedding dress shopping for her wedding in May & hang out for awhile before heading back to my grandpa's house in Illinois.

Saturday was all-day wedding fun. We {again} had a few hours to drive, so we got ready and made our way to the venue for the afternoon ceremony. We had a blast dancing with family and celebrating our cousin, Dan & Robin!

Dad & his ladies in red.

Sunday we had to make our back to the airport for the return home. We stayed really busy the whole weekend but were glad we got to see a lot of our family while we were there.

Krista sold us on the neck pillows! 

It is always so nice to see our family in Illinois. We always wish the time were longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment