Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My First Mother's Day

What a fun holiday Mother's Day is! I have been thinking for a while what kinds of traditions that I'd like to have for Mother's Day in our family and I think we've come up with a good start...

Shoes and a pedicure.

Justin loves the idea of always knowing exactly what to get and I love the idea of knowing that a good pedicure will come annually! I'm trying to get Nora in on the deal but Justin insists that she won't get new shoes for Mother's Day until she's walking. That won't be too long, though!

So this year I picked out a new pair of Toms and I cannot WAIT to schedule a time at Corinthian Day Spa for a fabulous pedicure (I'm waiting until summer is officially here - 5 days!) We ended up going to brunch at the Original House of Pancakes with my family since my grandpa was in town for Krista's graduation.

Grandpa Gruben and me 

Thanks for a great first Mother's Day, honey!!! 

Me, mom and Krista

It was a quick weekend, but a great one! I loved celebrating so many things with my family and seeing my Grandpa Gruben. :)

Now Justin has to start thinking about what Father's Day traditions he wants! We'll see what he comes up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment