Friday, November 9, 2012

Shots & Tears

Today was THE day - baby girl's two month appointment.

I got myself all prepared to go: change of clothes, diapers, wipes, bottle for later, pacifier, baby tylenol and my brave face.

Thank goodness Krista was with me because it was like she knew it was coming. Nora started getting upset right before we went in to the doctor's office and for no apparent reason. It is pretty hard to fill out paperwork while trying to rock & soothe a crying baby!

I had her all calmed down and she was having a great time when our sweet nurse brought this PLATTER of shots in the room and proceeded to give Nora four immunizations in three different shots.

Boy did that start the screaming. And the tears...

All I will say is that I THOUGHT I had it together, but I surely did not. I cried.

Well, she calmed down after mommy held her and rocked her for a good while and then she promptly passed out. We could hardly get her to wake up to eat for her next feeding. Poor baby girl!



The GOOD news is that she is growing and healthy!


WEIGHT: 10 pounds, 12 ounces
HEIGHT: 23 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment