Saturday, November 24, 2012

Working Mom

As of last Monday, I am officially a WORKING MOMMY!!

I planned out my maternity leave to start the week before Thanksgiving break giving myself somewhat of a transition back into things. I knew I would work a week, be off a week, work a few more, then be off a couple after that (Christmas) and then it would be January! Just like that... Anyways, I knew that I just had to make it through one week. For now.

Well, I am SUPER glad we practiced a few days before last week. I think that made it quite a bit easier leaving Nora all day, and all in all, I did pretty well. I say that because I didn't really worry about Nora or Grandma as much as just me. I just worry about the things that I won't get to see every day...

So on Monday night when I got home I was all ready to see the happy baby I dropped off at Grandma's house, but by the time we got home she was just cranky. And then after I fed her, she was still cranky, so it was time for bath time, pajamas, and rock-a-bye and there was no smiling, laughing, playing, cooing, or talking for me to enjoy.

So... Tuesday was much harder. She must have adjusted a little to the early wake up call, because Tuesday evening she was much more playful and happy and I didn't feel as if I was going to miss out on seeing Nora all week long. As much...

It did get easier as the week went on. Honestly, I didn't have a lot of time to think about much of anything. Being at school keeps me quite busy but it was busy at home, too. Plus, with Justin traveling, I have the whole workload for myself.

Basically, Sunday-Thursday nights, I have about 2 1/2 hours from the time Nora falls asleep until the time she eats last at night to myself. And I learned last week that it is not really "me" time as I spent the entirety of it every night cleaning bottles, making new bottles, pumping, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, completing school work, packing my lunch, showering (don't have time in the mornings anymore...), feeding the dog, getting the diaper bag ready and oh yeah, eating. (SHOUT OUT to my AWESOME TEAM who made me dinner to bring home Monday night... it saved me!!)

I know that there is never an easy, calm and "normal" week to come back to kindergarten (we get excited for just about anything!!!) but I have to say the week I chose was particularly busy. Or at least that is what I am trying to convince myself. I am hoping every week won't be like that!!

Now it's Saturday and this time I go back it won't just be one week. It will be four. And I don't have lesson plans already laid out for me. And I won't have a week in between to get the room and materials ready for the next week at work. Wish me luck... advice and words of assurance are welcome at any time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment