Friday, January 3, 2014

Janie Elizabeth

Welcome to the world, Janie Elizabeth!

Janie Elizabeth Peipert
December 31, 2013
8:34 am
6 pounds, 13 ounces
20 inches long

We got a sweet little New Year surprise when baby Janie decided it was time for her big debut a week early!

I went to the doctor as scheduled the morning of December 30th and hadn't really had much of a change in my progress except for a few random contractions. That night, I felt like I might be having some more but they were still 15-20 minutes apart so I went to bed as usual, hoping to get some rest and re-evaluate.

As it turns out, they were the real thing! They got closer together and around 1:00 am (and not so much sleeping after all) I decided it was time to think about getting to the hospital. We called my mom to come to the house for Nora and left around 2:00 am. When we got there, I was starting to progress in active labor and so they admitted me and ordered up the meds quickly. It feels like it takes FOREVER to get everything set up, even when you've pre-registered, while having painful contractions!! We had a few little issues getting my epidural to work correctly/at all but around 8:00 am everyone decided it was just time to deliver. 

In the next thirty minutes, my doctor came, my water broke, everyone suited up, I got a last minute push of pain meds, and delivered little miss Janie! I can't believe how quickly it went. I am very thankful for that!

Baby Janie, minutes after she was born!

She was so tiny!

Daddy holding Janie for the first time.

Sweet little babe with mommy.

Janie got to meet her big sister on her birthday and it went pretty well! Nora was a little nervous (hence the hand chewing) but she didn't react in a way that seriously concerned me. I'll take that for now! Nora came by the next day as well and have Janie a few kisses, but otherwise just carried on as usual.

Happy family of four!

Nora giving Janie kisses!

Janie had lots of visitors at her stay! We were happy she got to meet all her aunties and most of her grandparents. Grandpa is I'm sure quite anxious to get his hands on her - we hope he feels better soon!! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit on their New Year holiday! We loved sharing Janie with you!

Janie with Pops.

Janie with Mimi.

Janie with Auntie A.

Janie with Grandma.

My sweet team from school came as well.

We couldn't have asked for more... Janie is healthy and absolutely perfect. She lost only 5% of her body weight after birth (possibly thanks to my milk coming in super fast!) and has low jaundice numbers! Also, she is going through diapers like you wouldn't believe.

Snuggle time!

Enjoying our time with the sweet girl.

We think she looks a bit different from Nora, especially the nose.
Who does she resemble???

We came to the hospital in 2013 and left in 2014 with a new daughter! We are so happy to be home and are hoping for a smooth transition from a family of three to a family of four. Happy New Year to all!

Heading home!

Not so sure about this car seat...

Home at last!!




No comments:

Post a Comment