Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Week Ten

This has been the final official week of summer! I cannot believe it!

It has been a bit of an abnormal yet transitional week. It hasn't been a whole lot of fun, actually.

I started taking the girls to Primrose full time on Monday so that I could get into my classroom for a few days and start to put my room together. One work day is never long enough to really get things in order! I worked for three full days and although the room was put together quickly, I didn't have quite enough time to go through piles and cabinets the way that I always wish to, yet somehow never quite get to. Some areas are cleaner than they were in years past but others remain the same, messy, untouched (yet hidden - that's good...) piles. I just know that once our "real" days begin, I won't have the time to get to the poster cabinet or the craft closet. One of these years I will get to it!!

Spirit Day at Primrose - their first week back!
We all sported burnt orange, of course!

I only had three days to get the room together because I had my wisdom teeth taken out on Thursday of this week! I must admit that I was very nervous about the procedure, but mostly the anesthesia. I have never had a surgery or even been put "under" so it was a little scary for me. I like to be in control and well, you can't be in that circumstance. I don't really remember falling asleep, just talking to the doctor and the nurses about Nora's name and other things about the kids. Then, I remember {kind of} walking with the nurse to the recovery chair and talking with my mom and the nurse about how it went. Apparently it went well because I was done in 30 minutes.

Icing the jaw - HA!

The recovery has not been bad at all. I made myself take the pain meds through the second day because I figured I would end up regretting it if I didn't take them, but I haven't been on even Tylenol since then and have felt mostly fine. I was lucky enough to only have the top two teeth and they had already descended so it was a relatively easy extraction. I'm being careful now about not eating anything too chewy or crunchy but other than that, things are pretty normal.

I did insist that we go to Babe's the day before my surgery.
SOOO good!

Our last weekend before school was a busy one. We went to Harper's 2nd birthday party and had our fantasy football draft! I have tried to clean the house as much as possible because I know that I won't get to it much in the next few weeks. It is now 8:00 pm on Sunday night and I think I have done just about as much as can be done, or that I can stand I should say.

Nora sporting her rain boots. 

Tomorrow starts Day One of Year Seven in Kindergarten and although I am sad to see summer end I am excited to see what this year has in store for me! Wish us all luck as these long days in August & September are quite the adjustment on the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment