Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Nursery, Projects

We have a couple of pieces of furniture that we plan on using in the nursery, but need to update or upcycle or however you appropriately describe refinishing old pieces. 

We tackled the first piece this weekend. Justin did most of it, really. I wish I had a "before" picture of this dresser... it was an oak color with brass handles. It was my mom's and I love that our baby girl will get to have something that belonged to her grandmother in the room! Justin sanded, primed, and painted the dresser and each of it's drawers. Then, we added some aged bronze pulls and popped it into the nursery. I love it! Plus, in this picture you get to see a peek of the black and white chevron rug I got last week, too!



Our next project is this changing table that I got for $10 on Craig's List. Steal!! I love the spindles and vintage-feel of this table. It will be perfect with our Jenny Lind crib and "antique" dresser! I sanded it last weekend so maybe it will get primed and painted this weekend... Justin?? :)


And coming soon... a recliner/glider! We officially ordered ours this week. In 6-8 weeks, I'll share!

And lastly, an updated belly pic. It's been a week and a half since then, but here ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment