Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a bit different this year for our family but we had a great day with family and yummy food!

My cousin Brad was in town for a visit and to run in the Turkey Trot so Nora and I started the morning out in Dallas to watch the big event. The weather was great for a morning run!

Nora and I trotting. Not officially, but we did.

After the race, posing with Brad & Pops.

After the race, Mom, Dad & Brad were going to the Cowboys game so that meant that someone else was in charge of the turkey... And that someone was me!!! Yes, it is true. I cooked my first turkey this year!!! I think that it went alright... We had one minor set back in that it did not thaw in nearly the amount of time that I had planned for. But, the cooking time ended up being less than expected, so all went as planned for dinner. It's a good thing that I checked on it when I did because it ended up finishing about 45 minutes before the timer I had set!

Although we had 3 adults and a toddler {and a half} eating, we made the whole feast. We had about two side dishes each, but it made for good leftovers and we even made turkey noodle soup with the leftover meat.

Nora had her mind set on having turkey and cheese for Thanksgiving. It's funny, because she thought the turkey was chicken and refused to eat it. She kept saying, "I want the turkey, mommy!"


It was a good day! We have so much to be thankful for in our lives. We are most thankful for these two little sweethearts!


We did end up going to my parents' house later in the week for our family celebration. We ate even more and got even more leftovers. Family holidays are the best!

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment