Thursday, November 20, 2014

First Haircut

I have debated getting Nora's hair cut SO many times. Her hair has had a life of it's own since she was about six months old. If you need further proof of her wild mane see this post.

I had a hair cut scheduled and decided that it was time to see how she would do.

Happy with her haircut!

We prepared before hand by looking at pictures and even watching a little girl getting her hair cut that a friend had shared. We talked about the black "dress" she would get to wear and the big chair she would sit in. We talked about the special scissors that would cut her hair.

So then, all I could do was wait and hope for the best. She was a little apprehensive at first when she got there, but I was still getting my hair worked on so it gave her enough time to get comfortable.

When it was her turn, she let our hair stylist get her hair wet and then climbed up into the chair, just as we had talked about! She didn't skip a beat. She was curious and I could tell she wanted to watch, but she did so great at her first hair cut. I was so proud of her! And she looked like such a big girl with her hair styled... {sigh}.


Cheesin' it up



What a big girl!!

She raved about the hair cut to her Mimi and Pops who watched her that weekend. She apparently kept telling them that she cut her hair "just a little bit". I can only hope future hair cuts will go as smoothly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment