Sunday, October 14, 2012

Red River Rivalry

Since I am writing this post AFTER the mess that was the OU/TX football game this weekend, I will hold off on making any jokes about OU football or Sooners. I didn't really watch much of the game to be honest, but I guess that was a good thing! And since Tech totally wrecked West Virgina, I guess we know where we stand. At least this week!

Griffin consoling Nora after the tough loss.

The day started early.

I got Nora dressed in her little UT onesie and burnt orange and white headband.


Then, I got myself ready while explaining to Nora all the important things about Longhorns, football, Sooners, and UT. We talked about traditions, football rules, and how to be good sports. We practiced singing the fight song and I showed her how to put her horns up. I made sure to tell her not to judge the OU fans, especially her friend Griffin.

Next, we put up the appropriate decorations at home for the big day.

I love my chatterblocks... but I'll need to replace this now! 

but... I'll leave this up! Still love my horns!

Then, we went to our most favorite neighbors' house to watch the game and cheer on the longhorns!

It took all day, but we did get some pictures taken before the sun went down (ridiculously early I must add... I miss summer days! Except the really pregnant part!)

I think this is our first family picture! 

The longhorn ladies. 

Our favorite Sooners! 

Happy with daddy! 

Watching the game?

We'll have to get 'em next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment