Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ups and Downs

Today Nora is three weeks old! (I wrote this a week ago... oops!) These weeks have gone by SO fast but a lot has happened! There have definitely been some tough moments, but overall it's been so great having a little baby girl. We can't imagine (or hardly remember) life without her!

The first week was kind of a blur... the first few nights were exhausting but now I can't really remember them!! I guess life is designed that way so that people don't stop having children. That and forgetting labor pains... (yay epidurals!!)

By the second week, I was finally beginning to feel mobile again and a little less tired since we were starting to figure out how to function on little sleep and work with our new cyclical schedule. Here are some highlights of our first three weeks with Nora...

We actually went out to Grapevine's annual Grapefest with Nora in the stroller as our first family outing. She did great! Well, she slept. Which is great!

We had her two week doctor's well visit and everything looked good! She did make a mess of her onesie while we were out (and I wasn't prepared with a second one, of course) so it was a good thing it is still in the 90's here in Texas!

Ford came over to meet baby Nora. I thought he would be happy to see me, but it turns out he is waaaay more interested in Nora. Figures.

Justin and I went out together, baby-free! Big deal! Our nine year anniversary (from high school - we just couldn't stop celebrating it since we had for so long!) was on the 18th so we went out to dinner while Mimi and Pops babysat the little one.

We tried out tummy time! She's done some on our chest, but we tried out a blanket on the floor. It went... okay. I think she got a little frustrated. (Love the blanket?? Mimi made it!)



We had her newborn pictures taken by Joy Neville Photography! They turned out super cute and I can't wait to share some in a different post! She was awake the whole time and then crashed AFTER Joy left... figures.


We've been enjoying our "Nora-time" and have loved seeing her become more alert (which has meant more crying and more practice!). Justin has gone back to work and has even traveled a couple nights so I was home by myself with Nora! Night one: great. Night two: not so much. I must admit, nights are getting MUCH better. I think we have a good sleeper! When she's a month old, we're going to try moving her into her own room to see how it goes. I think we'll all sleep better that way!

Here are some more photos of our new family:

 Nora & mommy, week one
Nora & daddy, week three
Okay, maybe I'm bad for sharing this, but I thought it was hilarious!
One thing I love about the mornings... seeing those little baby toes! Nothing sweeter...
Our sweet baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment