Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloweek Day 1: Ghosts & Goblins

I We love holidays here at the Peipert house!! And it is officially the countdown to Halloween, so we're doing it right with festive clothes, food, & fun every day!!

The girls are also doing some cute things at school this week that I will put in here as well, but I do not take credit for the fun things that they do while at Primrose!! 

GHOSTS & GOBLINS NIGHT

DRESS: Today, the girls wore their Eleanor Rose dresses. If you have a little girl or a little granddaughter and don't already know about Eleanor Rose, you need to take my advice and go check it out now. It's kind of like competitive shopping, but their stuff is super cute, well made, and pretty affordable compared to boutique brands! 


FOOD: For dinner, we made "mummy-dogs" which are essentially hot dogs wrapped in crescent roll strips. The girls only kind of ate them, so it was a good thing we only made four. But my kids are very hit and miss on hot dogs in general, so that was expected.



We also made ghosts in a graveyard using a pudding cup, crushed oreos, a candy pumpkin, and a ghost peep. That, Nora had no trouble finishing. Janie made a big mess and to my surprise didn't each much more than the cookie crumbles!





FUN: We read a Halloween "touch & feel" book and made little painted ghost feet using some white paint and black & purple paper. The girls let me paint their feet, press it to the paper, and then set aside. I just cleaned their feet with a baby wipe. After the paint had dried, I just cut around it & added eyes and a mouth with a sharpie, as well as their names and the year. They turned out cute! We watched the movie "Witches in Stitches" online (it was free on Amazon movies with our Prime membership). The girls watched it but I will have to admit it wasn't my favorite movie. Very kid appropriate, though.

How hilarious is this picture!!! Janie looking at pumpkins through a magnifying glass at school.

Up tomorrow: Candy Corn Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment