Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloweek Day 3: Witches & Spiders

We have dance class mid-week and we didn't get anything fun done after dance class - too busy & ran out of time, so Halloweek will be shortened a bit.

The girls did get to pick out their pumpkin from the Primrose Patch, though! They wore their cute Crazy 8 shirts & leggings.



Making a spider at school!

WITCHES & SPIDERS NIGHT

DRESS: The girls wore shirts that they already had! Janie's was Nora's from last year and it was from Carters while Nora's was an Old Navy shirt that I got for sale last year after Halloween. It was a little big, but she was able to wear it. They both referenced being "scary cute" so that was fun! Nora also has a pair of Jack O' Lantern leggings from Dandy Lion Co. that she wore with her cute shirt! We love them (and have two pairs now - one with pink) & I think they will fit next year, too!


FOOD: We made spider sandwiches. I cut circles out of some PB&J sandwiches using the end of a glass. Not pretty, but it worked. Then we added pretzel legs and chocolate chip eyes and that was that! It was an easier dinner and I appreciated that. I had plans to also make cheese stick broomsticks but that just didn't happen.

Eyes & legs EVERYWHERE

Eyes & legs all in rows!

FUN: We made spiders out of styrofoam balls! I already had black paint, but had to pick up styrofoam balls, black pipe cleaners & stick-on google eyes. I helped the girls paint their spiders black. After they dried, we added the legs, which was harder than I thought, but they both liked sticking their google eyes on there. I thought it was interesting that both of their spiders (sandwich & craft) turned out differently, and each like them.


Janie painting at school. So cute!!

We also read Room on the Broom & watched the movie Room on the Broom, which was also free on Amazon with our Prime membership! The girls really liked Room on the Broom and I have caught Nora playing the "game" she calls "Room on the Broom" around the house since then!

We also had a Chili cook off at school & my team won!! 
We had a tailgate theme for our cookout & had lots of fun!

Up next: Halloween EVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment