Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Dirt Cups

This week, our Tasty Tuesday didn't happen quite on schedule. I had a hair appointment on Tuesday so we made our special snack on Thursday instead!

I wanted to make dirt cups with the girls. Now, I didn't really check the recipe when it comes to making dirt cups so I didn't realize that it was a bit more elaborate than I anticipated. By elaborate, I mean there was one more ingredient and one more step {so... not really}.

Anyways, I assumed we needed pudding, chocolate cookies, and gummy worms. So I picked up what we needed and thought we were good to go. Well, if you want the authentic dirt cups, I would suggest that you also get Cool Whip and not just any chocolate cookies - get Oreos.

But here goes our unauthentic dirt cup taste test! What we used to make our dirt cups:

Instant chocolate pudding
Milk {use as directed on the pudding package}
Chocolate teddy grahams
Gummy worms

Nora has had some experience with pudding before so she knew the drill and was looking forward to making it! We mixed up a small package of chocolate pudding while our dinner was in the oven. The box calls for two cups of milk.



We crushed the chocolate cookies in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin. We used about half of the box of teddy grahams. I put about one serving of the pudding aside since I didn't think we would need it. We then mixed about half of our crushed chocolate cookies into the chocolate pudding.


We filled 4 cups with the pudding mixture, about 1/2 a cup each, give or take. I told Nora that this would be like "crunchy pudding." We put a few gummy worms into each cup, making sure that they hung out a little bit and then topped them with the remaining cookie crumbs.


When it was all said and done, we had a little dirt cup snack!



I'm sure the authentic dirt cup version would have been even better, but we all enjoyed ours very much. A quick & easy snack for toddlers!






Okay, Janie may have enjoyed hers the most...

No comments:

Post a Comment